Hi Kotaiba! What do you work with?
– I’m a PhD student and doing research within service management and marketing. I will be finishing my dissertation in two months, and hopefully I will be graduating and get my PhD in September.
Does that mean that you will be leaving Karlstad University soon?
– I got a job at Högskolan i Halmstad, but I might still be working here in Karlstad. So maybe I will go back and forth. We will see what happens.
Do you have any summer plans?
– My summer plan is to work on my dissertation, that is the biggest plan. Then I might be traveling with some friends to Norway.
Do you have any family?
– I’m single, if you are talking about a small family. But in a larger sense, I have one brother who lives in Stockholm, and one other brother who lives in Denmark.
How did you end up here?
– I came here from Syria ten years ago. I studied and after doing my master’s degree in Karlstad, I worked a while for IKEA. Then I wanted to go back to the academic world, so I proposed a research proposal to my adviser, and he liked it and here I am!
Do you have any interests?
– I play basketball, it is my passion. I also love travelling a lot to explore different cultures. Cooking is something I enjoy a lot, I like to taste and cook cuisine from different parts of the world. I’m interested in getting to know new people all the time, I have a “black belt” in socializing. Technology is really interesting, all the new advances, like what is new, how things can be done differently. I also like reading novels like the novels by Dan Brown novels. I like his style of writing, some say it is his wife who writes his books, but I just think that he, or she, is a good writer.
You have many passions, but what kind of food do you like?
– I like Middle Eastern food a lot, Lebanese food is my favorite. I also like steaks and seafood. Asian food is really good and I’m kind of a big fan of the French kitchen as well. To cook for friends is something I really enjoy doing, cooking for other people is fun.
You said you love to travel, so where have you been? And where would you like to go?
– I have been almost all over Europe, the United States, China, The Middle East. I have plans to explore Africa. I’m very excited to see Tanzania, Kenya and Ghana. I would also like to explore Latin America and I would love to go to Japan and Korea. But as I said, I have mainly been in Europe, China and the United States.
You have been around then. Now, let’s get to the simple stuff. What kind of movies or tv-shows do you like?
– I like Big Bang Theory, I really like it, I can watch it forever. I also like Breaking Bad. When it comes to movies I like Fight Club, and all Disney-movies. I think Frozen is interesting, I also like Coco.
One last question: do you bring your own lunch box to work? Or do you go to the restaurant and buy lunch?
– I bring my food with me, most of the times.
Intervjun har genomförts på engelska och publiceras därför på engelska.
Detta är en nyhetsartikel. Läs mer om hur Karlstads studenttidning arbetar med kvalitetsjournalistik här.